Easter dinner is always a special time. It’s a time of year when families come together to share a special meal. While the centerpiece of the meal is often a ham or leg of lamb dish, the sides can also make a big impact. From roasted vegetables to fresh salads, there are plenty of delicious and easy-to-prepare side dishes that will complement your Easter meal.
Roasted root vegetables are a classic side dish that pair well with ham or lamb. Try roasting carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a simple and flavorful dish. You can also add some chopped herbs, like rosemary or thyme, for an extra burst of flavor.
Fresh spring salads are another great option for an Easter side dish. Mix some mixed greens with strawberries, feta cheese, and candied walnuts for a sweet and savory salad. Alternatively, you can make a beet and goat cheese salad with arugula and balsamic dressing for a more earthy and tangy flavor.
Mashed potatoes are always a crowd-pleaser and are easy to make in large batches. Try mixing in some roasted garlic or herbs like chives or parsley for added flavor. You can also make a cheesy potato gratin or a creamy potato salad for something a little different.
Finally, don’t forget about bread! A homemade dinner roll or biscuit is the perfect addition to any Easter meal. You can also try making some cheesy garlic bread or honey butter rolls for something a little more indulgent.
There are plenty of side dish options to choose from when planning your Easter meal. Roasted vegetables, fresh salads, mashed potatoes, and homemade bread are all easy and delicious choices that will complement your main dish. Get creative with flavors and seasonings to make your sides stand out and impress your guests.
5 terrific side dishes to try this Easter:
- Easter Bunny Mashed Potatoes: Looking for a colorful side dish that even picky eaters will love? Try these creamy carrots and potatoes. The sweetness of the carrots adds a pop of flavor, and the bright colors make it perfect for Easter or any dinner. It’s an easy and delicious addition to your Easter meal. RECIPE
- Potatoes au Gratin: Potatoes au Gratin is a classic French dish that surpasses scalloped potatoes. Made with layers of thinly sliced potatoes, cream, butter, cheese, and fresh thyme, this dish is the epitome of indulgence. Adapted from a Julia Child recipe, it’s perfect for special occasions and can be made ahead of time for convenience. Enjoy the ultimate potato side dish with this luxurious and delicious recipe. RECIPE
- Roasted Spring Vegetables: Roasted spring vegetables are the perfect seasonal side dish. This sheet pan recipe includes all your favorites: asparagus, carrots, radishes, parsnips, and potatoes. It’s easy to make – simply chop up the veggies, season, and bake. Customize with whatever veggies you have on hand. Serve stress-free with dinner or a holiday meal. RECIPE
- Creole Shrimp Caesar Salad with Cheesy Croutons: Turn a classic salad into a whole meal if you like, Add freshly cooked cajun-style shrimp! An easy dish to cook fast and tastes great. RECIPE
- Roasted Asparagus With Garlic: Looking for an easy yet elegant side dish? Try this roasted asparagus recipe. It pairs well with almost any main dish, from salmon to risotto. Simply cook in the oven for eight minutes and enjoy tender, flavorful asparagus that adds a pop of color to your plate. RECIPE